As we age, our skin undergoes a natural aging process. This is especially visible around the eyes - there is a loss of fat, which causes the eye socket and cheek to collapse. The collapsing tear trough is associated with nothing but a loss of muscle and hyaluronic acid in the skin. Many factors, such as lifestyle, genetics or diet, play an important role in the rate of skin flaccidity in the tear trough.
What is the valley of tears?
The deepening of the valley of tears and the sunken eye area is a problem that affects each of us. The lower eyelid falls along the line from the inner corner of the eye to the cheek. Its formation and fall is associated with the loss of muscle tissue, which is tantamount to aging of the skin. In addition, the skin around the eyes is very delicate and thin. Over the years, muscle tissue disappears, the amount of hyaluronic acid and collagen, which are responsible for the condition of the skin, its elasticity, color, firmness and hydration, decreases.
Aesthetic medicine treatments and specialists qualified in this field come to the rescue of the signs of aging of the skin around the eyes.
What causes the tear trough to form?
Several factors contribute to the formation of a tear trough:
- age and passing time,
- Lifestyle, stress, mental and physical fatigue,
- Inefficient sleep or too little sleep
- Inappropriate diet, deficiency of vitamins and nutrients in the daily diet,
- Stimulants - in this case, smoking and alcohol consumption accelerate the formation of the tear trough, and also adversely affect the condition of the skin, aging it,
- Genetic and anatomical conditions,
- Excessive exposure to the sun, inadequate protection against the sun's rays, not using creams with protective UV filters, using a solarium.
It is worth remembering, however, that the formation of a valley of tears is something that affects everyone without exception. However, by taking care of the body, its proper condition, diet, sleep, as well as introducing health-promoting treatments and using appropriate cosmetics into the daily routine, we are able to significantly delay its formation.
How to remove the valley of tears?
Nowadays, aesthetic medicine is at a very high level and offers several treatments aimed at effectively removing the problem of the tear trough. Each treatment performed in the office should be tailored to our needs, condition and predispositions. It is also worth remembering that the skin under the eyes is extremely delicate, requires great precision and skill, the right preparation and not every treatment can be performed in this area of the face. Due to the sensitivity of this area, the procedure should be performed only by a qualified and authorized person, and the preparations should be certified, sterile and properly prepared.
The selection of the tear trough removal method is dictated by the patient's expectations, his age and the depth of the tear trough. Before performing the procedure, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will suggest variants of possible methods.
What is Nucleofill Soft Plus?
Nucleofill Soft Plus is a product intended for skin biorestructuring. Although the compounds contained in the composition - highly purified polynucleotides have been known for many years, the preparation itself is a novelty on the aesthetic medicine market. Polynucleotides are of natural origin; administered to the dermis affect the receptors on fibroblast cells. Fibroblasts coordinate the production of collagen and elastin fibers in the skin, as well as supporting proteins. The action of unfavorable external factors, mimic movements, lack of proper care and hydration cause the skin to age faster. Hence, Nucleofill Soft Plus was created to nourish the delicate and thin skin around the eyes in the best possible way, increasing the amount of strong fibers, which translates into improved tissue condition, better tension, density and hydration of the skin.
Indications for the procedure:
- Flaccidity and lack of firmness of the skin around the eyes,
- shallow wrinkles, e.g. "Crow's feet",
- Dark circles under the eyes and signs of skin fatigue,
- Dropping of the superciliary arch and deepening of the eye socket,
- Preoperative and postoperative treatment, e.g. lifting, blepharoplasty, laser resurfacing.
How is the procedure performed using Nucleofill Soft Plus?
The product is injected into the skin using the so-called microdeposit technique. It is recommended to perform the procedure twice in a 14-day interval, and then repeat it twice every 21 days. It is also worth doing a supplementary and reminder session once every two months.
Beneficial effect of the treatment:
Epidermis and dermis:
- Hydration due to the ability of polynucleotides to bind water,
- Antioxidant effect due to the chemical structure having the ability to absorb free radicals,
- Stimulation at the level of fibroblasts and increased collagen production,
- Increased cell proliferation with angiogenic effect, increased vascularity and improved blood flow,
- Stimulation of A2 receptors and improvement of blood flow, minimizing the risk of edema and hemosiderin accumulation,
- Activation of A2 receptors and reduction of lipolysis,
- Improvement of hypotrophic areas, which slows down the degradation of the bone matrix and has a beneficial effect on the redistribution of adipose tissue.
Contraindications for the procedure:
- Allergy and sensitization to any ingredient of the product,
- Hypertrophy of the lower eyelid with adipose tissue,
- Swelling of the lower eyelids,
- skin inflammation,
- Herpes in the active stage,
- skin infections,
- Autoimmune diseases past or currently ongoing,