Growth factor - EGF treatment
Many years of searching for methods and ways of quick and more effective healing of soft tissues or bone union brought results at the beginning of the 1980s, where the focus was on the analysis of platelets. They adhere to wounds in a special way, stop bleeding and initiate their healing. It is inside the platelets that there are stores of protein substances, the so-called alpha granules, known as "growth factors".
What are growth factors?
Growth factors are nothing more than proteins that naturally occur in our body. They are involved in the process of tissue repair and regeneration. Due to the fact that they actively participate in intercellular communication, they transmit signals to the appropriate cells by acting on their receptors contained in cell membranes, thus activating repair processes by stimulating the cell to divide, as well as differentiation and growth. This is extremely important in tissue healing. In other words, "growth factors" energize and stimulate the body to repair itself.
Scientific studies have shown that the local application of growth factors with the same chemical structure as proteins found in the human body stimulate naturally occurring repair processes, while reversing the aging process of cells. Hence, they have become an extremely important preparation used in aesthetic medicine in the fight for healthy and young-looking skin.
Both in cosmetology and aesthetic medicine, two types of growth factors are used: growth factors produced by bacterial systems and growth factors obtained from platelet-rich plasma.
Characteristics of growth factors:
- EGF - Epidermal Growth Factor, i.e. epidermal growth factor. It is a growth-regulating protein responsible for the proliferation and differentiation of epidermal cells. In other words, it accelerates wound healing, supports nourishment and ensures skin hydration. The effect of EGF is the shallowing of wrinkles and the smoothing of the epidermis.
- VEGF – Vescular Endothelial Growth Factor, i.e. vascular and endothelial growth factor. Its action is the formation of blood vessels, i.e. the process of angiogenesis, as well as the activation of microcirculation.
- PDGF – Platelet Derived Growth Factor – platelet growth factor. Responsible for the regulation of growth and cell division, which affects the renewal of the skin and epidermis
- FGF - Gibroblast Growth Factor - fibroblast growth factor. It creates new blood vessels and is involved in wound healing and embryo development.
- TGF - Transforming Growth Gactor - transforming growth factor. It stimulates fibroblasts to produce collagen, stimulates DNA synthesis, proliferation and differentiation of various types of cells.
The product is suitable for people with skin with visible signs of aging, with a tendency to dry skin and with low elasticity or loss of elasticity. It will also work well in the case of the appearance of fine wrinkles, heterogeneous color and gray tone.
- Face, neck, cleavage,
- Hairy scalp.
- Regeneration of the epidermis and stimulation of renewal against the signs of aging,
- Smoothing wrinkles and reducing roughness,
- Improvement of skin elasticity,
- Skin hydration, stimulation of hyaluronic acid synthesis,
- Stimulation of collagen production,
- Improvement of the structure of elastic fibers.
Active ingredients contained in the DIVES MED Epidermal Growth Factor ampoule:
Epidermal growth factor EGF - accelerates the rate of skin renewal and re-epithelialization, stimulates collagen production, prevents the formation of photodamage, fine lines and wrinkles. Epidermal growth factor acting on the epidermis, accelerates wound healing, improves skin nutrition and hydration, stimulates the division of the creative layer of the epidermis - in the case of compensation, this leads to smoothing of the epidermis and shallowing of wrinkles; it is distributed by the male hormone (androgen), hence the male skin is long and abundantly supplied with it, much less of this hormone circulates in the blood of women - EGF must be delivered to the aging female skin from the outside, e.g. in cosmeceuticals or the described DIVES MED Epidermal ampoule Growth Factor.
Ferulic acid - protects against cell DNA damage, prevents protein glycation, strongly rejuvenates. Ferulic acid is one of the strongest antioxidants. Eliminates free radicals that contribute to premature aging of the skin. It protects against UV radiation by absorbing radiation, making it a noteworthy component of photoprotective products. In combination with vitamin C, it gives a synergistic effect, increasing its stability and effectiveness up to eight times. Ferulic acid moisturizes the skin and stimulates fibroblasts to synthesize collagen and elastin fibers. It is also included, next to ascorbic acid, arbutin and retinol, to inhibitors of tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for the activity of melanocytes - cells that produce pigment in the skin. Thanks to this, it exhibits depigmentation properties. It is recommended in anti-aging cosmetics.
Coenzyme Q10 - one of the strongest antioxidants, responsible for skin regeneration, protects against wrinkles, accelerates wound healing. Also called vitamin Q or ubidecarenone, is the so-called a vitamin-like substance - necessary for the functioning of cells and largely synthesized endogenously by the body (as opposed to proper vitamins, supplied exogenously). Coenzyme Q10 has antioxidant properties: by binding oxygen free radicals, it prevents lipid peroxidation, protein and DNA damage. Importantly, only the reduced form of the compound, i.e. ubiquinol, works in this way. It is the only fat-soluble antioxidant, synthesized in the body, which can be continuously regenerated from its oxidized form with the help of various enzymes. Ubiquinol also has an indirect antioxidant effect: it regenerates the reduced (i.e. biologically active) form of tocopherol (vitamin E, another strong lipophilic antioxidant) from its oxidized form.
Contraindications for the use of the DIVES MED Epidermal Growth Factor mesocomponent:
– skin diseases at the treatment site,
– pregnancy and lactation,
– unstable diabetes,
– diseases of the immune system,
– blood diseases associated with excessive bleeding,
– hypersensitivity or allergy to any ingredient of the preparation.